Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I was involved in an accident lately and recieved a letter

Customer Question

I was involved in an accident lately and recieved a letter from her lawyer to contact hem consorning ladies injuries. in order to avoid a lawsuit. which I did. He ask for an affidavit. saying I had no liability insurance. which at the time it had overlap. what to do?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. You are not required to do anything here.

You are likely to be sued by her insurance if you admit to no insurance.You may decide to not give any more information here and see if they sue you .But signing such an affidavit does not benefit you in any way.I would try to let this lie and see if they sue here.

I would try to get any funds in bank accounts in your name and cash them out and put them in a safety box.It is very possible the person here or their insurance will sue you for their damages.They can levy/garnish bank accounts and lien any real property.

By getting assets out of your name you look poor on paper and any asset search will reflect this.Lowers the odds they sue here.But you have no duty to sign any affidavits and this does not benefit you at all.Stay silent here and see if they leave you alone.

They are just trying to get evidence against you and the fact you did not have insurance.No need to help them here at all.I wouldn't sign anything.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

If you can leave a positive rating whe we are done it is always much appreciated.