Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I came across some legal papers that were mother and two of

Customer Question

I came across some legal papers that were for my mother and two of her sisters. All three have passed away. The papers are dated 1991. Can these papers be shredded up? These papers have nothing to do with me personally.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, if these papers have nothing to do with you and all involved parties are deceased, you can shred these documents. Any statute of limitations issues would have long since run against any possible claims. And, for tax purposes, you are long past the time that any such documents would need to be retained.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!