LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Co-owers of boat. One put in money, the other labor. In case

Customer Question

Co-owers of boat. One put in money, the other labor. In case of sale, can one be compensated for time on preparing the boat and time and labor in the sale process.
One owner living on boat, are both responsible for bills, repairs or damage?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. In whose name is ***** ***** titled?

2. Is there a written agreement concerning where the profits would be paid in the event of a sale of the boat?

3. Was there an agreement as to who would be responsible for the maintenance, bills and any damage?

Doug