Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I have a judgement from a Georgia (Catoosa County) court

Customer Question

I have a judgement from a Georgia (Catoosa County) court for approximately $5000.00 . The debtor (rent) lives and works in Georgia. The debtors company is in Cleveland, Tennessee. I have a certified judgement ,but, not a domestification form. How can I pursue garnishment?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Yes, because states give full faith and credit to the judgments of other states, your judgment and an order to garnish the wages of this individual should be acknowledged and complied with by the company in Tennessee that employs this individual. If you are unsuccessful at first, you should contact the Tennessee Attorney General's Office to get assistance in forcing the issue with the employer to get his wages garnished.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please rate my answer positively as well.

Best wishes going forward!

Sorry...I misread the question. You can pursue this through the Attorney General in Tennessee. They can assist you in the process of securing the wage garnishment.

Did you have any other questions or comments? Just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks