LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

We moved out of our rented home in February, Would the

Customer Question

We moved out of our rented home in February, Would the landlord still have a copy of that lease and if not where would I be able to find it. Would it be on a legal website or anything?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The landlord may have the lease in their possession, if they retained the records. However, they may have disposed of it, if the tenancy ended and there were no problems or issues, which the lease would need to be referenced or relied on. As far as any website or place where you can obtain a copy, none exists and this would be something the landlord would need to provide you with, since they would have the original and you could ask them for a copy and even offer to pay a nominal cost for the copy and postage.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!