Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My boyfriend was booked into slc jail inmarch it says he has

Customer Question

my boyfriend was booked into slc jail inmarch it says he has a us marshals hole that was in may has that been taken care of or what does that mean his nam is Robert calder
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

A US Marshal's hold means that your boyfriend is wanted for something likely related to a former case. He seems to think the matter was resolved, and maybe it is, but there's no way I can tell from the information that you have provided. If he believes he's being wrongfully held, he can have an attorney file a writ of habeas corpus to get him before the judge and afford him the opportunity to challenge why he's in custody. Otherwise, the marshals will be picking him up and returning him to address his case.