Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My neighbor call the police about noise coming from my home

Customer Question

my neighbor call the police about noise coming from my home and when the officer arrived there was no noise at all except for us talking lowly on my deck and the officer said that we were fine and he found nothing wrong with what he was hearing but his supervisor told him to issue me a ticket because the person complaining asked for me to be given one, this is happening quite often, they came twice about dogs barking in my backyard and there was no dogs neither time they came, but i got another ticket. what are my rights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i live in joliet illinois
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

So let me understand this. The officer did not want to write the ticket, he found nothing wrong. But then later returned and said I have to write this ticket - You went to court and the officer was present and did he say there was no violation? What was the ticket for exactly? Do you have a code or statute violation number?