Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I have a credit card balance in my name only. My husband has

Customer Question

I have a credit card balance in my name only. My husband has a credit card balance in his name only. We have been married for 11 yrs now(second marriage). My question is this: In the event of my death, will my husband be responsible for all the balance or just half? In the event of my husband's death, will I be responsible for half his CC balance or all? I will have to say the charges have been made since we married and have heard the balances are community property but I want to hear an answer from an expert. We are senior citizens now and we are beginning to think about estates etc. Thank you!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me just a bit more information? In what state are you located? Thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi...just following up to make sure you received my information request since I did not hear back from you. Thank you!