Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Is it legal spouse to go into our safety dep and take a

Customer Question

Is it legal for my spouse to go into our safety dep and take a 50,ooo cashiers check endorsed to me that I saved for almost a year and also 9000 cash check made to me that I was saving until I figured out the best way to spend them to remodel and get my teeth redone. There is a lot more to this but too much as my hand, the right hand, became paralyzed (spelling?). the check was not endorsed by me and the banker at chase assured me that no one could cash but me as I asked her if anyone in government or husband could take away. she reassured 'absolutely not! he went thru 380,000 w nothing to show for it in a few months then stole m ine w/o telling me. I finally decided the best way to handle my money and went to bank only to find out 4 days previous that he took it. and he some still and threw it in my face and teased me he'd think about giving it back and a wld have to ask everyday. once he came in w a 25,000 and put it my face and said he may or may not mail it ti an invested. I cldn't believe I was watching my need 4 teeth and updating the gross bathroom and non-functional kitchen losing my opportunity. there are more belittling details. what to do to recoup? it was mine made out me - both were.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, in what state are you located in? Was this a safety deposit box that you granted her access to? This check, did you receive it while married or prior to marriage?