Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

It took me a while to get my car ready after I bought it.

Customer Question

It took me a while to get my car ready for inspection after I bought it. They kept saying I needed to get different things fixed. So meanwhile I got a lot of tickets when my car was parked overnight. And I cant pay them : (
SO now that I finally got the inspection done I have all these tickets sitting in my home. Is there a way around it?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, no. You need to pay for the tickets. Otherwise, your Driver's License could be suspended.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sir, I do not have a license in the US. JUst I have a car but no license

Thank you for the clarification. The license plate for the car would be flagged. So, any one who is driving the car would be pulled off the road. So, you do need to pay the tickets.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry. So you are saying whatever tickets they give me I have to pay for? I can't complain or appeal?

You can complain and appeal. However, if the Court rules against you, you must pay for the ticket. Otherwise, you would not be allowed to drive the car.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How may I appeal? I have never done this before

Regrettably, I cannot tell you how to appeal. Pursuant to terms of service, I cannot give you legal advice. You need to retain a local Attorney who handles traffic issues to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com