Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Does the American's with Disability Act apply: My son is

Customer Question

Does the American's with Disability Act apply: My son is disabled and receives SSI (I have all medical records necessary to prove this). He lives alone in a mobile home which we own. A new company bought the mobile home park. He got along very well with the prior managers. He has had arguments with the husband of the new manager. He admits that his words were rude and has apologized. He and I were served a "Sixty Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy pursuant to Cal CC Section 798.56(d)" What can we do?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

I'm not sure I understand. Nothing in your facts indicates a disability plays a part in this in any way, what raises the issue of the ADA applying in your mind?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just hoping that the ADA would provide some protection for my son.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

The ADA does provide protections but only if the person is somehow being discriminated against or mistreated due to their disability. It does not provide extra protections based solely on the disability status.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather save money and type - or does the call come under the free trial period?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I actually didn't send that. The website sometimes send out offers for phone calls but it costs extra and as indicated above most of us in the legal category don't do the telephone calls because of state rules.

There's no reason to spend extra anyway, on this type of question we can cover everything in this format.