Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a letter from an officer in the US Department of

Customer Question

I have a letter from an officer in the US Department of Justice DEA stating that, having read the letters from my doctors and all my other qualifications, I am eligibe to use fentanyl citrate "lollipops" (which I did use for intractable pain for three and a half years before they were abruptly withdrawn, supposedly for use only with fatal cancer patients). RuthA. Carson, Chief, Liaison and Policy Division, says this is either nolonger so,or simply not so. My doctor will write the presciption, my insurance will approve. Is it possible for me to obtain fentanyl citrate "lollipops" in the state of Florida? I DO have HORRIBLE pain that nothing else has touched, and it is never going to go away as long as I live.
Thank you for your help. I certainly appreciate it.
Sincerely, ***** EdD ***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It might be better to call me on my home phone --(954)(###) ###-####
On Friday morning, I will be at pool therapy - unavailabe between 10:15 and 1:00 p.m. I am now paralyzed from T6 down and in constant pain, but I lead as active a life as possible. Not really so great.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The Fentanyl lollipop is not illegal in FL, it is up to the doctor to prescribe them in accordance with manufacturer guidelines. Here is the latest DEA Memo on the substance, which is a schedule II Controlled Dangerous Substance, dated March 2015: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_chem_info/fentanyl.pdf

You can see, there is nothing in there restricting legal use within the guidelines. So as long as your doctor is prescribing within the guidelines, it is not illegal.