socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Will I have to re a lawyer or can I petition court myself

Customer Question

will I have to hire a lawyer or can I petition court myself
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I will take a quick look at Indiana court procedure, to see if there's a form you can file. If there is, then you may be able to do-it-yourself -- otherwise you will need to hire legal representation.

This could take a few minutes. If you don't want to wait, the system will send you an alert when I post an answer.

I'm not finding any forms or guides that you could use to walk through this process. I see that the Indiana Courts have an Adult Guardianship program that is supposed to be providing assistance to the public (click here). If you've already tried this resource, then I apologize for being redundant, but other than this resource, I believe you will have to hire legal representation. Here is a link to some reputable legal referral services.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!