How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38553
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will I have to re a lawyer or can I petition court myself

Customer Question

will I have to hire a lawyer or can I petition court myself
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I will take a quick look at Indiana court procedure, to see if there's a form you can file. If there is, then you may be able to do-it-yourself -- otherwise you will need to hire legal representation.

This could take a few minutes. If you don't want to wait, the system will send you an alert when I post an answer.

Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

I'm not finding any forms or guides that you could use to walk through this process. I see that the Indiana Courts have an Adult Guardianship program that is supposed to be providing assistance to the public (click here). If you've already tried this resource, then I apologize for being redundant, but other than this resource, I believe you will have to hire legal representation. Here is a link to some reputable legal referral services.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!