Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I am trying to use my KTN to book a ticket but the agent

Customer Question

I am trying to use my KTN to book a ticket but the agent says I need to have the number 98 in front of the KTN.
What should I do?
Kathleen Keogh Spicer
KTN TT114VQ4v (###) ###-####
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kathleen,

Is your KTN related to your TSA Precheck or a GOES (used for international travel) card? The GOES card (issued by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) trusted traveler program) provides you with a "PASSID" which is the same as your KTN. This generally begins with "98".

You can verify this information by logging into GOES. Choose the “Change Profile”option to verify first/middle/last name/date of birth and PASSID, which is your KTN. Your trusted traveler card will not grant you access to TSA Pre✓®, but your TSA Pre✓® must be printed on your boarding pass in order to receive expedited screening benefits.

Check this out and please let me know what happens and if it helped.

Please rate positively if this answer helped you; if not, please click reply without rating, so I can help you further.

Best wishes,

Cher