Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I live in Portugal (3years) having moved from the uk, my ex

Customer Question

Hi I live in Portugal (3years) having moved from the uk, my ex wife is repeatedly signing my signature on kennel club documents gaining financially out of it, this is without my consent, what can I do about it? I have contacted the KC without success they
are of the opinion that it is a civil matter
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to file a civil suit against your ex wife I am afraid. She is committing fraud and conversion by signing your name and making a profit from doing so. You can sue her for all of the profits she has made though and the court will take away everything she has made over the years by signing your name without your consent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your answer, there is in some cases where she has used the Kennel Club,s internet system to bypass the signing of documents but the actual transfer of the puppies has to be signed fiscally.
Now for some more background: after my divorce it was agreed that separate interests be taken out in the joint affix, this was not done.
Since the divorce I have on several occasions informed her that if she continued then I would have to take the appropriate action, I also copied the Kennel Club. She has also taken out another affix again in joint names and made me a partnership with another breeder.
Where does that leave me? Do I have claim on the other breeder?
Thank you for your reply.
You have a claim against her, since she is the one signing your name illegally. It is not against the other breeder unless they are also signing your name.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. How do I stand on the electronic signing through the internet?
Thank you for your reply.
Electronic signatures are legal if authorized by the person who is signing. So if you did not authorize anyone to sign even electronically for you, then even an electronic signature would not be valid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will think on it
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.