Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I've downloaded the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure

Customer Question

I've downloaded the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure packet from the link provided at the bottom of the page. I received a Certificate of Eligibility for Expungement and am trying to complete the next steps myself without hiring an attorney. Which pages do I need to complete from this 420 pg document?
http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBResources.nsf/Attachments/BDFE1551AD291A3F85256B29004BF892/$FILE/Criminal.pdf?OpenElement
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

What you downloaded is the rules and the forms at the bottom. You need:

.

1. Petition to Expunge or Seal 2. Affidavit 3. Proposed Order to Expunge and 4. Proposed Order to Seal

.

You must file, with the Clerk of Courts, the original Petition, Notarized Affidavit, Certificate of Eligibility received from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement., and Proposed Order with 2 stamped self addressed envelopes for the Court.

.

So you need to print out the forms from page 364 to 373.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is there a word doc of this with blank spaces where I need to fill in that provides step by step instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The county of the arrest is Monroe County, FL which has different protocol from most other counties as they require you to send a letter that explains your arrest should be expunged where most other counties simply send you a packet with forms to fill out and return. I completed the letter but want to be sure its arranged and presented properly before I send it in.Thanks
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

I haven't run across a Word doc that is fillable, but there is nothing wrong with hand writing in the information and submitting it.

.

According to the Monroe County FL website: " The Clerk’s Office has a free packet that provides you with detailed instructions on the regulations governing sealed and expunged court files."

.

That is, if you haven't already gotten it..

.

.

thanks