CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I LIVE IN A SENIOUR HANDYCAP GOVERMENT RISE. LONGEST TIME I

Customer Question

I LIVE IN A SENIOUR HANDYCAP GOVERMENT HI RISE. FOR THE LONGEST TIME I HAVE BEEN HAVEING A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THE MANAGER. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT LIVES IN THE BUILDING, BUT MOST OF THE PEOPLE ARE OLDER AND THEY ARE AFARD OF HER. I AM REALLY SICK AND TIRD OF HER BEING RUD NOT ONLY TO ME BUT TO OTHER PEOPLE THAT LIVE HERE. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE LAWS ARE FOR RUNNING A HUD BUILDING. BECAUSE I REALLY DON'T THINK SHE IS DOING THE JOB RIGHT. SHE LOCKS THE REST ROOMS IN THE LOBBY SO PEOPLE CAN'T USE THEM, AND ALSO THERE ARE ONLY CERTIN PLACES WE ARE ALOUD TO SIT IN THE LOBBY. COME ON THIS IS OUR HOME. MY NAME IS ***** ***** MY PHONE NUMBER IS(###) ###-#### ***** YOU.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, I am sorry to learn about your situation. While the issues you have stated are not grounds to sue your landlord, as you do live in HUD housing, you can file a complaint with the US Dept. of Housing to have them investigate this situation and the abusive behavior.

You can file a complaint here: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/complaints_home

You can also try mediating the dispute with your landlord (remember, ultimately it is the landlord that is responsible for the actions of their manager, if the manager needs to be replaced, the landlord should be made aware of their actions). Contact your local bar association and ask for referrals to local landlord/tenant mediators and initiate a mediation session with the landlord.