Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I'd like to revoke 2 POA's.

Customer Question

I'd like to revoke 2 POA's.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

This is easily done. You need to simply send a letter of revocation to the person revoking the POA effective immediately and demanding he return the original. Even if he does not return the original, your revocation is still effective upon receipt. I would send the letter by certified mail and/or independent courier so you have independent proof of sending it and the date. Also, send a copy of the revocation letter to anyone to which you know the POA was presented. And, to be totally safe, record it in the county public records so that anyone is deemed to have notice should he try to act on your behalf under the revoked POA.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I like the answer. It is simple. However I see googling around there are "forms" requiring notarization that are also used. Such as:I,_______________________(Principal's name), of ________________(Principal's Street Address), city of _________________________, County of __________________________, State of ____________________________, hereby revoke the power of attorney dated __________________, 20___ given to, and empowering ____________________________ __________________ (name of Attorney-in-Fact) to act in my behalf as my true and lawful attorney in order to handle my financial affairs and health care decisions should I become incapacitated and not be able to do so myself, and I declare that all power and authority granted under said of power of attorney is hereby revoked and withdrawn.Dated: ________________________, 20___._____________________________
PrincipalWITNESS1- _____________________________ of _________________________________(address)2- _____________________________ of _________________________________(address)NOTARYIN WITNESS WHEREOF, I, a notary Public of the State of ______________, duly commissioned and sworn, have hereunto set my hand and affixed my official seal in the _________________ County of _______________________ on this date of _________________, 20____.___________________________________
NotaryMy commission expires: _____/_____/__________This is where I found the above>>http://www.usattorneylegalservices.com/revoke-power-of-attorney.htmlSo does this change your answer in any way?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for following up. You can use a form such as this and mail it by certified mail. But, you also can simply send the letter. Either evidences your intent to revoke and is legally effective. If you choose to record the revocation, you do want to have your signature notarized on your letter. :)