Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

If I have red a lawyer and am not satisfied with s

Customer Question

if I have hired a lawyer and am not satisfied with his preparation for trial in a civil case is it legal to talk to another lawyer before I terminate my present counsel.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Yes, it is. A lawyer who was representing an opposing party couldn't talk to you about the case without your lawyer present. But a third party attorney who you are thinking about hiring to take the case for you CAN talk to you before you terminate your current lawyer.
A good place to read reviews and ratings from former clients www.martindale.com. That might help you find someone you feel more comfortable with than your current lawyer.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.