LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

EVICTED FROM MY APT. OF 10 YRS REASON. 3 WEEKS AGO THEY

Customer Question

I AM BEING EVICTED FROM MY APT. OF 10 YRS FOR NO REASON. 3 WEEKS AGO THEY TERMITED THE 4 APTS AND MINE WAS BROKEN INTO.THEY STOLE JEWERLY, BRAND KNEW LEATHER PURSES, STILL IN THEIR BOXES. NOW THEY WANT ME OUT, I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN 66YR OLD WITH MEDICAL PROBLEMS, STILL WORKING THOUGH. THEY DIDN'T GIVE ME A REASON. I NEED HELP . ROSALIE MORAN
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Would you please clarify and share with me what your question is? Did they give you a 60 day notice to vacate? Is there a lease in place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did give me a 60 day vacate notice, no lease.

Thank you. The 60 day notice is a condition precedent, when a landlord or tenant wants to end a rental term, when there is no lease in place. As long as they are not discriminating against you, they do not have to give you a reason and can ask that you vacate. The same could be done by you, if the situation was different. Now, as far as the breaking and entering, that is criminal and the police need to be called and this needs to be reported. Moreover, if you have renters insurance, you need to report this as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been the longest living tenant here, no problems, I would like help and money to move, i have no living relatives to help me move. They won't return my phone calls as to why I have to vacate. Not fair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you answer me????????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing more to add at this time

I am in the process of responding

Even though you have been the longest and perfect tenant, it does not obligate them to help and give you money to move. If you need that, you need to call the State and ask for assistance with housing. I know it is not what you want to hear but they do not have to tell you why you have to vacate, only that they no longer want you out and nee to give you at least 60 day notice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DECLINE, I CAN'T AFFORD PHONE CALL. THIS WAS TO BE PROBONO????

We do not have to have a phone call for the additional charge. The only fee is what you agreed to pay when you signed up, unless it was a free trial. If it was, I still need and kindly ask that you rate my help, so the site will give me credit.