Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Is my ex husband entitled to my pension if we were married

Customer Question

Is my ex husband entitled to my pension if we were married for 10 years but it's not written in the divorce papers .I was working for a pharm co for 28 yrs and I'm 52 yrs old and I was born in 1963 .so my question is is he entitled to it he's 63
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

No...he should not be entitled to the pension in any way since you are divorced, even though it is not specifically mentioned in your divorce decree. That said, as a work of advice, you do need to make sure that your beneficiaries that you currently desire to have access to the pension are on file and presently recorded with your pension manager. If this is your kids, relative, whatever the case may be, you need to make sure that it is accurately reflected in your paperwork that is on file.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. By the way, I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of employment law experience.

Please rate my answer positively as well so that I can receive credit for my work.

Best wishes going forward!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much ive been loseing alot of sleep over this.Ive got a girl to raise and its exspensive

I understand...I have children too. Very expensive. You are good to go here. If you don't mind, please rate my answer positively (4 or 5 stars) so that I can receive credit for my work. Let me know if you have any other questions as well.

Did you have any other questions or comments? Just want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward!