Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband sold a house and some property and he got cash

Customer Question

My husband sold a house and some property and he got cash and he got it into trunk full of cash he put it down and apparently lost it he made a claim two months later somebody wrote to me from Atlanta Georgia telling me that they found the trunk and that I'm the beneficiary and I want and I've asked them to please send me the trunk two of them with the money that's inside that I would pay for the yellow tag fees but he's trying to blackmail me and telling me he wants 20% of my money and I don't think that's right because that's my money that we worked hard for and it's not right for me to give him 20 percent of that money can you please help me get that truck back... If you can get in contact with him I will give you all the information and try to help me I would greatly compensate you please help
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
1) Is your husband still living?
2) Has this person sent proof of the money, perhaps?
3) Do you know WHO they are, and/or, where they are located?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.