Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Order to discontinue sex offender registration

Customer Question

order to discontinue sex offender registration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a moment to double check something and I will return momentarily,

Thank you,

ANDREA

Have you received a Court Order which states that you are no linger required to register as a sex offender ?
I need the aqbove information as a starting point,
Thank you,
ANDREA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No when I registered at the police station they told me I can ask the courts about not having to register date was 4-2001

Under Colorado law, sex offenders must continue to register until the Court releases them from this requirement. If you are a sex offender and you were ordered by the Court to register, then in order to be relieved of the registration requirement, You must file a formal Petition with the Court,

A proposal for a telephone call has been sent to you. Kindly reply when you receive it and we can take it from there.

Kindest regards,

ANDREA

In order to be free from any more registering requirements, you must file a Petition with the Court, asking the Court to enter an Order which removes the requirement that you register annually, thereby releasing you from that requirement. The procedure is to file a Petition with the Court together with a proposed Order which the Judge will sign, thereby removing the requirement that you register annually,
Kindest Regards,
ANDREA