Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I bought a custom set of race leathers from a U.S.

Customer Question

I bought a custom set of race leathers from a U.S. Manufacturer, paid full price. I had a crash in the leathers at the track and discovered a fault which caused an injury. I contacted the person who made them and he asked me to send them back to him for inspection and repair, once he received them, he told me that he should have used a Kevlar material for that part of the leathers but would fix them for free and also build me a new set of race leathers as well. 9 months have passed and no leathers, no money returned and he is ignoring ALL attempts to even work this out. What do I do and where do I stand legally??
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear you are enduring this situation.

Please tell me is the manufacturer in California or what state are they located?

Have you tried contacting them since you last heard from them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is based in buffalo MN, yes I've been calling, texting and emailing him. He is just ignoring me, which in my eyes is blatant evidence of not being willing to resolve this
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I suggest that you write him a letter to be mailed certified with a return receipt requested to show you mailed him and he got it.

Tell him that you want your money and your leathers within 7 days from receipt of the letter or you will file a Small Claims lawsuit against him. Tell him that you will also be requesting that he pay for any and all associated fees with filing the claim. I suggest you be specific as to the circumstances surrounding the return of the leathers and what he promised.

You can file in California, since he does business in California - your purchased is an example of that. And you can sue for up to $10,000 - you can do that on your own. Go to the clerk of the court in the county where you live and request the packet of documents or you can review this link for the forms

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.

Thank you

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I need to step away for a meeting for about 2 hours EST - But I will be back. And if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here and I will get them immediately upon my return. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for your patience. If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here. Thank you

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

So if you have any other questions in this regard or need clarification on how to file the small claims suit, please let me know here.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was all very helpful and fantastic information. Thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.