Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

My aunt became ill and moved to North Carolina from

Customer Question

My aunt became ill and moved to North Carolina from Philadelphia. When she moved she decided to stay with me...she did so until the final days of her life, except for about 3 weeks. She and I had hired a lawyer because someone needed to to handle some business affairs. He was paid for his services! Based on his advice I became a Guardian. She also had a Will but did not have it notarized or put on file at the county court house Based on my reading of the Will, another niece and I were the only ones listed. Once my aunt died, other family members wanted to take over and they hired the same attorney the had represented us regarding the Guardianship! He told me to give him all the documents related to my aunt including the Will. They are now asking me to settle for $16,000 dollars. Could you shed some light on this situation for me! Thanking you in advance!
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
My condolences for your loss. Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Has the will been admitted to probate? Are there any other wills being put forward? What are the other relatives alleging entitles them to any funds from the estate?