Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had taken ourt a loan truck in Georgia at insta loan. I am

Customer Question

I had taken ourt a loan for my truck in Georgia at insta loan. I am a repo company owner that had put my title up for a 2000 loan. I was out working last nite in south Carolina. I had spotted a vehicle that was out for repo. as I was backing up to unit a car pulled up with 3 people in it saying they knew the debtor and would not let me get the unit. they kept stalling me and blocking me from getting this vehiocle. they even entered the vehicle that I was trying to repossess as if they knew the debtor .they entered the vehicle that I was trying to repo like they were getting stuff out of the vehicle claiming they knewthe debtor and that they were trying to pay. next thing they threw stuff at my truck and were trying to get stuff out of this vehicle which threy entered more than once. worried for my safety I called the police. when the police arrived I went to talk to them at this time they got in my truck and said that is was being repossessed. they refused to let me get anything out of my truck and the police let them do this. they entyered the vehicle which I was trying to repossess many times claiming to remove stuff for the debtor. turns out they did all this just trying to get me out of my truck so they could taje possession of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the police lw
etn them leave w out letting me get my property out of unit
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this matter? As you know it is not illegal for a repo company to lie to someone to try to repossess a vehicle and you know (maybe not) that in SC they have the right to repossess and not allow you to take anything from the vehicle until they have the vehicle secured on their lot. So have you called the loan company yet to arrange the release, since as a repo man yourself you should be familiar with the process?