Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I have a rent check from December 2007 which I failed to

Customer Question

I have a rent check from December 2007 which I failed to cash. The bank does not cash it and my old tenant refused to replace it with a new one. Can I get the court order her to give me a new one? What do I need to show the judge aside the uncashed check?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, the Statute of Limitations to collect on a bank check is 4 years from the time the bank check was issued, so I am afraid that the statute of limitations has long expired if the check was issued in 2007.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Do you have any related follow up questions for me? If not please positively rate my answer, so I can receive credit for my work.

Thank you.