CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My son went to a sports medicine clinic / one of their

Customer Question

My son went to a sports medicine clinic / one of their doctors accessed his personal information to see where works and called them with a complaint and gave them false information due to a civil matter between me and the doctor . I am a jr. My son is a third /. Should he use the personal information of my son given at his office ( he is not my sons doctor) it is mulit injury place with many medical personnel .
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

No, this is a HIPPA violation (for starters), you can report that violation to the US Dept. of Health and Human Services, here: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/

You may have other causes of action against the clinician as well in the associated civil matter (usually this will be dealt with in a motion for sanctions - sanctions can include monetary sanctions, issue preclusion, including or excluding evidence, or even "terminating sanctions" (a judgment entered in your favor - this is extreme and very rare)).