Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I raise puppies to sell income. I sold one 7/29/15. On

Customer Question

I raise puppies to sell for my income. I sold one 7/29/15. On 8/9/15 the lady appeared at my door unannounced, pushed the puppy in my face saying I cannot take care of this puppy so I'm returning it. I normally don't take puppies back because of quarantine issues but when it is a forced issue I made it work. Then a week later she comes back and wants the puppy back. I would not have an issue with returning it except for the fact I believe the puppy has been abused. What are the legalities on this?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
If she returned the puppy and you gave a refund, that's it. The deal has been undone. You have both agreed that you did not want to stick with the original promise. And that means you have zero legal obligation to give her that puppy or another puppy.
Also, you could report her to the police for abusing the animal. That's a misdemeanor.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.