How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to find out how much a law suit settled for?

Customer Question

I have a case number  for a lawsuit for my husband Alexandru  he passed away. I find out the lawsuit closed
on 6/27/2003 lawyers, and I want to find out for how much money they suit the city.

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Your husband's claim belongs to his estate. If your husband's estate did not go through probate, it will likely need to go through probate court now.
As the case is very old, you will need the assistance of a local attorney to do this.

Once you get the matter into probate, you should be able to get access to his attorneys, the court file, and all of the information concerning the settlement, distribution of the proceeds, etc. (I cannot promise that this will happen, there may be issues with this that are unforeseen or specific to your case that I cannot determine for you via this forum, but this is how you would go about getting this information).

You can find local probate attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most users friendly).