CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

XXXXXX, i live at

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** i live at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
telephone : XXX XXX XXXX.I have a case number ***** for a lawsuit for my husband Alexandru XXXXXX, he pass away on XXXXXXXXXXXX.I find out the lawsuit closed
on 6/27/2003 lawyers XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, and i want to find out for how much money they suit the city.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, I am very sorry to learn of this situation. Unfortunately this is not an easy situation to deal with.

Your husband's claim belongs to his estate. If your husband's estate did not go through probate, it will likely need to go through probate court now.
As the case is very old, you will need the assistance of a local attorney to do this.

Once you get the matter into probate, you should be able to get access to his attorneys, the court file, and all of the information concerning the settlement, distribution of the proceeds, etc. (I cannot promise that this will happen, there may be issues with this that are unforeseen or specific to your case that I cannot determine for you via this forum, but this is how you would go about getting this information).

You can find local probate attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).