Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

As a Psychotherapist in California, is it a violation of PPA

Customer Question

As a Psychotherapist in California, is it a violation of HIPPA to block a patient on social media who previously has been at your practice, not a patient you have seen, but one that has a history of cyber stocking the business, as well as the individual members of the practice, specifically via social media outlets.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

It is not a violation of HIPAA to block a patient on social media. The only way this could be a HIPAA violation is if the health care provider blocked them and then posted that the reason they were blocked was because of a health condition in which the health care provider names in a public or semi-public setting. Otherwise, this would not be a HIPAA violation.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please rate my answer positively as well.

Best wishes going forward!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much that is exactly what I needed to know. I am very pleased with my response. Have an amazing day.

Thank you. Please rate my answer 5 stars so that I can receive credit for my work. Best!

Did you have any other questions or comments? I just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks
Just checking in one last time. Let me know if you have any additional questions.