John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

I have a judgment against me and now they want to know my

Customer Question

I have a judgment against me and now they want to know my bank account info. My husband is on railroad an Va disability and I rr retirement. do I have to send in this info?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. You don't have to send them that info absent a court order. All the funds you have in the account are presumably exempt from garnishment anyway...but they'd garnish that account if you give them the bank number. So I wouldn't send it.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.