Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

We will be closing in 2 days and she is on the title. At

Customer Question

We will be closing in 2 days and she is on the title. At this point there is no changing that. I will be putting 20% down nearly 80K.. I have yet to sell my home. I was planning on using those monies to essentially live debt free. with you prior answer
it appears I have not made a wise decision. Would there be any way to change the title post purchase if she is planning to take my name? we could then change the title to me being the sole owner? Also would it be smarter to not reinvest the 300+ K in the house
but put it into my investments which I can then control by a prenuptial? Thus living with a mortgage ...;)
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you do not reinvest the funds from the purchase of the house you could be subject to capital gains. So, it is probably wise to put it in the new house, but check with your tax adviser or estate planner.
So long as your wife consents, you can change title to take her off. You can also put the property in a trust and control it that way.
Best regards.