Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

If a solid contract signed by all parties but is not

Customer Question

If a solid contract signed by all parties but is not executed for a very very long time due to the government action say like imposing a sanction on a country and when the sanction over that country lifted is that contract still inforceable
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Contract actions always depend on the facts. If there is no time of performance provided for, and the parties are still able to perform it then it may still be enforceable. Otherwise, the doctrine of impossibility of performance may apply, and the contract would be deemed void. It would be a very fact intensive consideration. If the contract was blocked by the Cuban embargo 50+ years ago, my gut says it would be void now.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.