Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

My husband allowed a woman he met into s apartment 4 days

Customer Question

My husband allowed a woman he met into his apartment 4 days ago. He did not give her a key. She brought over some close and now says that she has established residency and he cant tell her to leave. Is this true in Westminster Colorado?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
Residency is a question of fact and it is not established in 4 days unless the parties intended it. In other words, 4 days is too short a period to establish residency unless the party so alleging can prove residency by documentary evidence , such as a lease or invitation.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have follow up questions feel free to ask. It is never a problem.
Best regards.