LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

How many days is legal to be served before court misdemeanor

Customer Question

How many days is legal to be served before court for a misdemeanor class B in the state of MO
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Can you share with me a little more about the situation? Did the defendant receive a notice to appear in the mail? Typically, service is for civil matters, not criminal, so I am trying to get a better idea of what happened.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I was served last Wednesday and I have court tomorrow...

Typically, one week would be reasonable, as far as notice is concerned. Seeing how you have court tomorrow, the date is right around the boarder line of what would be considered reasonable. In a situation like this, the failure to appear on a misdemeanor case, would result in a warrant issued for your arrest. If at the time you were served there was a conflict and you were not able to appear,a motion could have been filed with the court, asking for it to be reset/continued.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!