Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

My wife stopped using crestor because side effects Can we

Customer Question

My wife stopped using crestor because side effects Can we join the lawsuit in USA even though we Live in Canada
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.
The short answer to your question is yes, you can sue a US company in the US, even if you are a Canadian citizen living in Canada. All that is required is that you sue the defendant where they do business, or, in this case, join the lawsuit. In fact, this issue has been addressed in US courts, and foreign plantiffs are allowed to join class action lawsuits. So, either you can join the class action if one is pending or you can file you own lawsuit where the company is located.
I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her Dr recommended stopping Crestor because an intense pain in her leg that limited her movements. She Cannoyt walk when She has the pain
OK. She may have a case against him in the Canadian court system for malpractice, but I can't really address Canadian law. I can say, however, that if her issues were caused by the medicine, and they did not warn her about the potential side effects, then she may have a claim agains the drug company that makes Crestor. What I can't tell you, however, is whether that is the case. Pharmaceutical cases are somwhat complicated and require a physician to look at your case and the specific drug.
You should contact a US lawyer if you want to puruse suing the drug manufacturere. You can use www.martindale.com to help you find a suitable attorney.