CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I had my name legally changed in California and I would like

Customer Question

I had my name legally changed in California and I would like to change my birth certificate to match my new legal name. I live in Iowa now and would like to know if there is a service that can take care of this for me?
Thank you
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

You cannot change your birth certificate, but you can file an amendment.
To do this, contact the County register for the county in which you were born and ask them for an application to file an amendment to birth certificate (many have these forms online).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know about the filling, thank you. I live in Iowa and I would like to know if there is a service that can do that for me without having to fly to California.

You should be able to do this entirely by US Mail. Contact the county where you were born and ask for the packet.

(You said that you already changed your name - that is the only part where a personal appearance is required).

You can pay an attorney to file an amendment to your birth certificate, but it really isn't necessary.