Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have left corporation I own 50% due to disability in June

Customer Question

I have left corporation I own 50% due to disability in June 2013. Not received tax return from my brother who is co-owner. I left due to disability which I get social security. In November my wife filed divorce. I did not have 2011 or 2012 tax returns which he provided 2011 in November and 2011 in December, but I also needed 2013 for divorce to proceed. I have used 70,000.00 of my retirement to maintain home which the judge will not let me sell until I get 2013. Now they want 2014. She refuses to allow me to sell home and in the last 2 years I have spent and additional 10,000 to keep up maintenance of house. 12 back surgeries and 5 bypass, crohns, rotatorer cuff, gallbladder removed, constant pain in back. 2 attorneys hired 1 quit the other gives me no info on whats going on. With returns I could lower payments by 1,000.00. House is worth 400,000and I owe 200,000 and my attorney wants ne to quit making house payments with no guarrentee I won't loose house. What am I supposed to do?
s
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am very sorry to hear about this situation.
"What am I supposed to do" is a very open-ended question. I do not know what you WANT TO ACHIEVE here. Can you please clarify your question a bit? What can I answer for you?
For example:
"Am I going to have to pay alimony?"
Or
"How will the property/debt likely be divided?"
Etc.
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get tax returns
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I recover money for not getting taxes on time?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your clarification.
What form(s) specifically did you not receive from your brother-in-law that you were supposed to receive? This is important. Or, if you are not sure what you were supposed to receive but know that NOTHING was received, reply and let me know "not sure."