CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I went across the street to a new construction site to

Customer Question

I went across the street to a new construction site to complain about the noise after legal hours/dust in the air. The homeowners were very defensive and an argument began. They called the police who arrested me for trespassing and disorderly conduct. What do I do? The police told me if I did not want to end up in court for months to just plead guilty and that would be the end of it. How should I handle this?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I do not recommend "just pleading guilty" - contact a local criminal defense attorney. (I don't know the details of what happened, but these kinds of matters should be a citation at best).

(This is not meant to be counterproductive or "you should have done" - but rather to help you if there are problems in the future - if you have problems with after hours construction or noise problems, report the matter to the County Building Department for non-compliance. You can also report a noise violation to the police department. Do not attempt "self help" measures and do not attempt any further confrontation. Builders that build outside of stated hours face fines and penalties, but these are levied by the building department, getting into any further confrontation with these people (who clearly are not interested in working with you, respecting your right to peace and quiet, or city noise restrictions) is not going to help matters).