Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

After a title in lieu of a foreclouser has been issued how

Customer Question

After a title in lieu of a foreclouser has been issued how much time is given to a senior to move out?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If title has been transferred to the bank, then they are considered the legal owners of the property now and the former owner is now considered a tenant at will.
.
The bank can then file a formal eviction action after giving the tenant a 3 day notice to vacate. If the tenant does not do so, then the bank has to file a formal eviction action in court to get a judgment of eviction and a writ of possession that the sheriff can execute and put the bank in physical possession of the property and force the tenant to vacate.
.
The eviction process will normally take 3-4 weeks depending on the court's and the sheriff's schedule.
.
.
thanks