Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I have a small business that cotracted with ano advertising

Customer Question

I have a small business that cotracted with ano advertising agency but has been unable to pay of late due to a major shortfall in business. They are planning on sending it to collections for the full remaining contract (11k) if I cannot catch up on monday. I understand this but am wondering if I will be able to set up a reasonable payment with the collection agency or if they will immediately try to sue me. How worried should I be?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
You probably do not need to worry. Collection agencies will usually try to work out a way for you to pay them rather than get attorneys involved by filing suit.
Once it is placed with a collection agency you probably have at least a few months before any suit is filed.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have follow up questions feel free to ask. It is never a problem.
Best regards.