Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I have an insurance claim, a real one, the house burned

Customer Question

I have an insurance claim, a real one, the house burned down. The ins company gave me money for items lost. i.e.: Pool Table / 500.00 - the told me if I wanted a new pool table to go buy one and they would send me more money. The Replacement cost for a new Pool table is 3000.00 > So my question is can I purchase a new pool table, submit the receipt & then return the pool table or even sell the pool table myself. Is this legal?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
You do not have to keep the pool table. The policy entitles you to receive the value of the table, but you do not have to actually get a pool table or keep it if you want to keep the cash instead.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have follow up questions feel free to ask. It is never a problem.
Best regards.