Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Thank you time and kindness in reading my message. I live

Customer Question

Hi, and thank you for your time and kindness in reading my message.
I live outside of the city limits in Fresno County out of the country and my girlfriend came last night brought her dogs her boxer dog mail was not on a leash I brought my puppy out he's a great Dane 17 months old on a leash and he jumped off the leash and they started fighting the boxer dog kept on up after my puppy but now this morning she took dog to vet & she expect me to pay? My puppy is bitten up also, actually he's not even my dog I'm dog sitting that's why he was on a leash??
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Here is the Fresno County Ordinance on leashing of a dog
9.04.250 - Running at large.
It is unlawful, in the unincorporated areas of the county of Fresno, for any person to permit a dog owned by him or in his possession to be off the property of the owner or possessor thereof unless such dog is on a leash or is otherwise under the immediate control of some responsible person.
So if you were on your personal property she did not break any laws by not having her dog on a leash.
Therefore, she can hold you accountable for the bills. But you also can hold her accountable for the injury to your pup.
It seems that you each can be responsible for each other's bills or call it even and each pays their own bills because no laws have been broken.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.
Thank you