Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

My former husband's name, along with my name, is on the

Customer Question

My former husband's name, along with my name, is on the mortgage to the home that I have lived in for 33 yrs. He doesn't want to quit deed it but he may let me sell it to just me. How would that work?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Was the disposition of the home not part of the divorce decree?

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Another contributor here. Are you still in need of an Answer to your question? It would help to know what was done with the home in your divorce decree. Also, Can tell you that you are probably not going to get a HELOC as long as his name is ***** ***** title. If you and he are on the title as Joint Tenants with Right of Survivorship, then if he were to die, you would own it 100%. If you own as Tenants In Common, his half will pass to his heirs, unless he Wills his interest to you.