Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

All othertrustsif any shall becomeirrevocable

Customer Question

all othertrustsif any shall becomeirrevocable andnonamendable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
step father passed in 1996 `My Mother has put together 2 new living trusts ` apon passing of step father Motherher own seperate property trust May 2001and conveyed her full interest of her home in her trust `she passed 9 months ago and left property to myself her blood daughter ` step daughter now who was not listed in Mothers will and trust wants half the house `is she entittled?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Did the first trust leave everything to mother?

.

Or did it leave something to step daughter?

.

Were there other trusts along with the 1994 one?

.

Are you saying that once mother received assets from the 1994 trust, she set up new trusts and put all the assets in them leaving them to her blood daughter?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
statue of limitation apply here?Mother and he equal purchased home togrther `Mother only received home and it was held in joint tenets` children received at time of passing monies cd`s automobiles jewerly rolex watches guns guncasesetc . Mother was left No insurance money or benefits `she continued to finish paying house off {mortgage payments}by herself ` step daughter was not included in Mothers Trust or will . Step daughter not once ever came to visit or any concern for her Fathers Widow`she has no documentation of her Fathers trusts or Living trust.she petition me into court giving me 3 days notice and Judge reschduled for September22
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
If mother received the home as the surviving joint tenant, then it would have become her sole property at that time. If she later put it into a trust, then it still remains her sole property.
.
So if she passed it to you, her daughter, when she died, then it would pass to you solely and step daughter would have no claim to it.
.
.
thanks