LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I have been charged with "theft by deception" because I used

Customer Question

I have been charged with "theft by deception" because I used a bank account I wadnt authorized to use". However I was authorized to use the account. In fact, I have a signed, dated authorization specifically for the account in question. They lied, they said in an avidavit that I took the banking info(acct, routing #) off a check in their office. We presented the signed authorization. Most they r saying that I had authorization but not for the charges made. Why isn't this case dropped. The whole premise was "authorization"
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. What was actually charged which created this problem? What was your scope and role in using the bank account? I am just trying to get an idea of why they are going after you for this?