Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I am resident of UAE. The person owing me $30000 escaped

Customer Question

Hi, I am resident of UAE. The person owing me $30000 escaped from UAE to USA. The commission agreement and unpaid invoice are available. How can I file a claim at his present location?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is the money owed to you directly or to your company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the company owner. Agreement between two companies.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If they are corporations then you will have to hire a lawyer to sue the other corporation and, possibly, the person themselves.

The process of a lawsuit is essentially the same everywhere, with a few, minor procedural differences.

A lawsuit generally follows this process:

1) File the petition in the court with jurisdiction and venue. The court with jurisdiction and venue is usually where the defendant resides or has their place of business. You also have to look at the amount you intend to sue for to determine what court is correct

2) When you file the petition with the clerk of courts you will pay the filing fee and also ask for citation to be issued and service to be done. The clerk doesn't serve the papers so ask them if you have to take them to the sheriff's office for service or if they will do it. Just follow their directions as to that.

3) The sheriff will serve the defendant with the lawsuit.

4) The defendant will file their answer.

5) You can then do some discovery if necessary but you will need to check with the clerk and ask if your court allows discovery. Some small claims courts do not.

6) After that the next step is to set the case for trial.

7) During the trial you introduce your evidence and they introduce their's.

8) The judge renders a judgment and a written order is entered.

That is the basic process of a lawsuit.