Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I mailed two rings to Gemvara stone reset, I was not

Customer Question

I mailed two rings to Gemvara for potential stone reset, I was not impressed with their stone reset options and asked have my rings returned which was part of their no obligation advertisement. I only received one ring back, I emailed them immediately which did prompt a investigation. They did email me a video of them opening the box that contained my rings and the video shows the content to be one ring but I had several disagreements with the video. Regardless, Gemvara still claims they do not have my ring but offered a$1000 credit for Gemvara jewelry, is there anything I can do? I truly believe the video is bogus...
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
I am sorry to hear of this matter.
I suggest, that you can being with contacting the Attorney General Consumer Protection Division in NY, since that is where they are located. The AG cannot represent you, but if you suspect fraud or deception, that office will investigate your complaint.
Here is the link for the NY Attorney General's office so you can file that complaint. I suggest in your complaint you will want to be sure to use the words "Fraud, fraudulent, deceived" For instance you can say that you feel there is fraud because the tape does not appear authentic.
http://www.ag.ny.gov/complaint-forms
Allow the AG to investigate this matter and if need be file a theft report with the NYC Police, too. And report the loss to your homeowner's insurance to cover all your bases.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.
Thank you