Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

A while back I read a response that looks like you replied

Customer Question

Hi Andrea,
A while back I read a response that looks like you replied to 4 years ago. I have something similar....the government is in the process of taking my IRA account towards a criminal
Restitution. My attorney can't seem to find any case law that specifically says that the government can not. If I read your response to another gentleman..... Seems you mentioned that unless the case involved monies due to the Internal Revenue Service....which my case did not....that the government could not take it. My IRA in question was set up by me many decades ago.
Appreciate any information that I could pass along to my attorney.
Thank you,
Steve XXXXXX
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Steve,

1. Could you give me the web page of my Answer that you are referring to ?

2. Which branch of the government is trying to take your IRA account ?

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The U S Attorneys Office...Yesterday I received a copy of the signed order that was sent to Robert W Baird & Company to have the proceeds forwarded.Time is of the essence.
Again, the case had nothing to do with Internal Revenue Service.
I can forward the web page with your answer that I referred to....what address can I send it to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just forwarded the web page with your answer that I referred to my.justanswer.com
Hope it got to you. If I need to send it to another address...please let me know.
Steve Press
Hi, Steve, Thank you for your reply, No, I did not receive it. We are not permitted to give out our private email addresses to customers and even if I did give you my email address, JustAnswer has a program that x's out anything that looks like an email address, i.e., anything that has the "@" ("at" sign) will be x'd out. You can try sending me your email address, but writing out "at" and dot-com and see if it comes through, like this, 'bugsbunny at whatever domain name, dotcom. ANDREA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Andrea...let's try
smpress17at gmail dot com

Hi, Steve, let me know by return email, if you received anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrea,Checking to see if you were able to find anything? Again...I don't know how much time there is to get the order vacatedThanks again
Steve